Sunday, October 19, 2008

Personal Preferences of Jamat-e-Islami - 3



syed-mohsin naquvi wrote:

Any person with the slightest bit of intelligence would see that that is an untenable situation. You either accept ALi as the rightful Imam (which the Shi'a do) or you reject him as a rightful Imam and accept Muawiyyah as a rightful Sahabi (which many Sunnis do, but not all).

There are no two ways about it.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Syed-Mohsin Naquvi
===============================================

Dear Sir ,

Both [May Allah be pleased with both of them] are respectable for me and if you would have read my last mail then you would have know that no doubt Hazrat Ali [May Allah be pleased with him] was greater in status than Hazrat Muawiyah [May Allah be pleased with him] and by the way if Hazrat Muawiyah [May Allah be pleased with him] then why did Hazrat Hassan Bin Ali [May Allah be pleased with him] accepted his Caliphate?

Al-Hasan (Al-Basri) said: I heard Abu Bakr saying, "I saw Allah's Apostle on the pulpit and Al-Hasan bin 'Ali was by his side. The Prophet was looking once at the people and once at Al-Hasan bin 'Ali saying, 'This son of mine is a Saiyid (i.e. a noble) and may Allah make peace between two big groups of Muslims through him." [Bukhari - Chapter Peacemaking]

Shia Scholar on Hazrat Hassan Bin Ali [May Allah be pleased with him]

"QUOTE"

Before Husayn, his elder brother Hasan was the victim of the treacherousness of the Kûfans. In his book al-Ihtijâj the prominent Shî'î author Abû Mansûr at-Tabarsî has preserved the following remark of Hasan:

By Allâh, I think Mu'âwiyah would be better for me than these people who claim that they are my Shî'ah. Abû Mansûr at-Tabarsî, al-Ihtijâj vol. 2 p. 290-291 (Mu'assasat al-A'lamî, Beirut 1989)

When Hasan eventually became exasperated at the fickleness of his so-called Shî'ah, he decided to make peace with Mu'âwiyah. When someone protested to him that he was bringing humiliation upon the Shî'ah by concluding peace with Mu'âwiyah, he responded by saying:

By Allâh, I handed over power to him for no reason other than the fact that I could not find any supporters. Had I found supporters I would have fought him day and night until Allâh decides between us. But I know the people of Kûfah. I have experience of them. The bad ones of them are no good to me. They have no loyalty, nor any integrity in word or deed. They are in disagreement. They claim that their hearts are with us, but their swords are drawn against us. Abû Mansûr at-Tabarsî, al-Ihtijâj vol. 2 p. 290-291 (Mu'assasat al-A'lamî, Beirut 1989)

"UNQUOTE"

No comments: