Monday, October 20, 2008

Veracity of Tabari's Islamic History - 42


Syed Asif-ulhaq wrote:

Dear Sir

Following is a phrase sent by one of my friend,

Ali [May Allah be pleased with him] is to me [PBUH] what Aaron [PBUH] was to Moses [PBUH]

i just want to know, is it true? Kindly give me your views in the light of Holy Quran & Hadees with proper references.

regards,

Syed Asif.
======================================

======================================

Dear Asif Sahab,

Background is as under:

Virtues of Hazrat Ali [May Allah be pleased with him]

Amir b Sa'd b. Abi Waqqas reporte (l on the authority of his father that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) addressing 'All said: You are in the same position with relation to me as Aaron- (Harun) was in relation to Moses but with (this explicit difference) that there is no prophet after me. Sa'd said: I had an earnest desire to hear it directly from Sa'd, so I met him and narrated to him what (his son) Amir had narrated to me, whereupon he said: Yes, I did hear it. I said: Did you hear it yourself? Thereupon he placed his fingers upon his ears and said: Yes, and if not, let both my ears become deaf. [Muslim]

Sa'd b. Abi Waqqas reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) left 'Ali b. Abi Talib behind him (as he proceeded) to the expedition of Tabuk, whereupon he ('Ali) said: Allah's Messenger, are you leaving me behind amongst women 4nd children? Thereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: Aren't you satisfied with being unto me what Aaron was unto Moses but with this exception that there would be no prophet after me. [Muslim]

Sa'd reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying to 'Ali: Aren't you satisfied with being unto me what Aaron was unto Moses? [Muslim]

No comments: